Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blue Heron, 114/365

I can't even believe my son spotted this bird.  We were far away from this blue heron (is that what it is? Or a crane?) and as we were crossing a long foot bridge, he said bird!  We looked (and I squinted) and there he was.  The photo above is for "Partially Seen in January".  Now the video below, my son seems a bit confused as to the sounds it makes.  Or maybe my daughters were trying to distract him while I took some photos.  (We'll go with the second explanation).  Below is a 10 second video. (and all that energy you hear from my son is at the END of our walk... oh, if adults only had the energy of children!)



If he didn't have the red sweater on, he would be hidden just like the blue heron!  The photo below is very grainy - no tripod (once again) and far, far away.

9 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots Margaret. Boy oh boy, he's got wonderful eyesight. Love the video. Yup, that's a blue heron alright. It enlarged nicely.

Justine said...

what a great shot, I try each time to photograph the heron that sits on the next door pond just waiting but I am never fast enough, love this, very clever.

Ginnie Hart said...

Priceless video with your son's voice, Margaret. Hang on to that forever...as well as the image of him in the red sweater!

Margaret said...

Carol, Justin & Ginnie - The blue heron was a joy to see at the end of our meandering walk. Just stunning to watch- and even more so seeing them in flight, skimming over the surface of the water. I wasn't quick enough to capture that, but might amble down another time early in the morning without children in tow and try to set up my tripod. Thank you for the compliments. (and my son's voice IS so funny - you can just here his ENERGY! :)

Louise Gallagher said...

I love the video -- wow! So fun and full of energy and love and excitement. All your shots are wonderful to behold.

So nice to meet you! I'm glad you dropped by my place -- I'm entranced by yours and will be back!

Cheers.

and seriously -- six children and you find time for creative expression? Wow!

Kelly said...

Your son is so sweet...loved listening to the video! Glad he spotted the Great Blue Heron!

Margaret said...

Kelly - yes - and I'm going back with a tripod! We will see how that turns out. I will settle for 1/2 as good as yours!

Margaret said...

ML Gallagher - Thank you. Your blog offers so much hope I truly enjoyed it. :)

Stafford Ray said...

Very good eyesight to see the heron amongst that 'camouflage'! I have a son who can do that because he is colour blind. No big deal and has its uses but also requries some adjustments!