Wednesday, March 16, 2011

First PhotoShop Lesson with Kim Klassen!


How easy Kim Klassen makes it to  learn PhotoShop.  (The button is on my sidebar)  She supplied her own photos, but this is one I took and wanted to see how I did on my own.  I think the above is a vast improvement over the photo below and this is just the tip of the iceberg.  No textures or anything fancy yet.  I erased the wires and took out the telephone pole and changed up the exposure a bit.  I'm really happy with the way this turned out.


And...


Now, I'm not saying that this shot is an award winning photo. But since we were working with barns, I thought I would stay with the same subject.  The above is quite an improvement over the shot below.  I erased some of the "dots" and look at the "bubble" on the door.  Gone!

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Very neat! I want to learn buy and learn photoshop some day but I'm afraid I'll NEVER get away from my computer so I've not gone there yet...

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Well done! You are clearly a quick study. :)

Pitterle Postings said...

Oh, love it. It is something that I really want to learn!!

Carol Blackburn said...

You are having fun, Margaret....wonderful!

Rosie Grey said...

Fantastic, Margaret! I participated in the last course and it is just so amazing what Kim shows in her course! Easy to understand and follow.

JL Dodge said...

Margaret! This is wonderful ! I too now want to try this, I love taking pictures, but like texwisgirl , Im afraid I would thereafter never leave my computer !!

Ginnie Hart said...

Bravo, Margaret. That Kim Klassen is a true inspiration to many of us. She was our guest writter at Vision and Verb over the weekend. :)

Margaret said...

Texwisgirl - I'm trying to be disciplined. And with the weather so nice outside, it is working so far.

Bonnie - I only had one class! I have to squeeze in the second tonight before the new one tomorrow...

Patty Ann and Carol & Rosie - this is so much fun and I love seeing my not-so-good shots improved or utilized!

JL Dodge - No! Do try it. If anything, it makes me go outside to take more photos and observe the world more closely. Both great things!

Ginnie - I will have to check V&V out tonight as well. I've gotten behind on my blogging what with Will home last week. But that is a good thing! :)