Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Back and Relaxed? 207-210/365


A Cozy Inn off Battery Park, Charleston, SC.  From this porch, if it weren't for the grand old Oak Trees, I believe one could see Fort Sumter.


This was our first glimpse of the beach at Hilton Head, SC.


This photo was taken during a ghost walk tour in Savannah, GA.

We had a wonderful time on our Easter Vacation; just got back yesterday evening (Tuesday).  We were gone over a week and I am now recovering from the vacation with five of my children.  My husband was unable to take the time off of work so I relied heavily on my older girls to help out on this trip.  I can't wait to share the porches and cobblestone streets of Charleston, SC with you as well as the Sea Pine Forest Preserve and beachfront of Hilton Head.  We traveled further south to Savannah, GA and enjoyed the fabulous squares, historic homes and the Victorian cemetery, Bonaventure.  (Not to mention, Ghost Tours!)

But for now, I am battling "vacation fatigue" and laundry!  I can't wait to sit down and see what all my  blogger friends have been up to.  

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh my! that porch is straight out of "Southern Living". can't wait to see more of this trip (and yes, you have every right to be exhausted!)

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Sounds like it was a lovely trip. It's an area I've always wanted to visit -- looking forward to the pictures.

Rosie Grey said...

This is so beautiful, Margaret! I'd love to sit on that porch at once! So sorry it wasn't all relaxing and coming back with all the laundry is always such a dread... but I do hope that with viewing all your photos some holiday feeling will get back to you!

Margaret said...

Texwisgirl, Elise and Rosie - I was full of energy for the actual trip ... up almost every day by 6:00 am as I wanted to get out and take advantage of the light. I just think it all caught up with me today. :) Or maybe I just don't like laundry...

Carol Blackburn said...

Welcome home, Margaret. Such beautiful photos. Looks like you had a splendid time and that fatigue............it's the good kind!

Jigglyjess said...

Wow, you really covered a lot of space! I *love* Charleston :) and a couple of my friends went to Savannah and did the ghost tour too -- your photo is so spooky!

Sounds like you had a great time, with special photos and memories, your children really are lucky :) xxx

Pitterle Postings said...

Wow, I need a vacation like that!! Love your pic.

Justine said...

sounds like you had a great time. I love your porch, I want one of those.

les peintures de Viviane said...

What wonderful pictures. As soon as I have a little time, I think inspired me to come on your site ... Bravo!

Kala said...

Gorgeous light and tones in the last image. I'd like to visit Savannah one day.

Ginnie Hart said...

Three iconic images of each place you visited, Margaret. You're in the same situation I'm in and I've been back for almost 3 weeks. :) Still going through lots of images. Take your time and enjoy the 'second blessing' as you go through your images.

Lisa Gordon said...

Welcome back Margaret!
I have missed you here, but from these photographs, it looks like you had a most wonderful time!