Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Horses, horses, horses and a cat


The theme for this week's "Perceptive Perspective" is "Outdoors".   It has rained a lot and has been really hot and steamy.  The haze in the background in the photo above shows how hot it has been - a typical southern late-May afternoon!  I love how the dirt road and fence winds its way through to the trees.  I had a hard time deciding which one to submit for the challenge as I really like these first two.  The mare and foal photo lovingly depicts how her neck protects her baby and that "motherliness" is what I was trying to capture with the perspective I used.

Hmm... I submitted the first one as I think it speaks more to the theme of "Outdoors".


I also adore this one:


A few weeks ago I mentioned we GAVE UP our house cleaning lady (I haven't been without one in YEARS) so we could lease two ponies.  So far,  it seems to be a great swap and I really don't mind cleaning up a bit of horse dodo now and then.  The photos below are a few snapshots from today.




8 comments:

Reena said...

The mare and colt photo is precious, but since I'm kitty biased, really love that photo!

TexWisGirl said...

i love the mare arching her neck over the colt and the kitty photos best. i'm so glad the pony leasing is working out well!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Now that's a devoted mother! And I'm not talking about the mare. :)
Sweet pics Margaret!

urban muser said...

that is a beautiful foal. so sweet.

Rosie Grey said...

Such wonderful photos Margaret! I love your conclusion of the series with the cat! :-)

Ginny Brannan said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the horses, especially the closeups of the horses heads. And love the cat, how alert he looks out prowling in the clover!

Ginnie Hart said...

The image of the mare and her foal tells me we've seen similar miracles of nature recently, Margaret. We had so much fun a week ago seeing Mother Nature in her finest glory. I especially like that you ended this post with the cat. :)

Margaret said...

The cat is a bit lame and a bit blind my daughters say. I'm not sure. But she is on lucky cat. I love this place and am spending more and more of my time over there. Laundry piles up but who cares. :)