Thursday, June 16, 2011

Friday Flash 55 and "Two in Tandem #6" - "The Rain Dance"

Photo Courtesy of Jinksy
The Rain Dance

Oh glorious summer,
your inspiring breeze and
melodious sounds
make me feel
invincible.

Oh brazen clouds,
I  will help you,
for the light strongly flickers,
yielding only momentarily
its golden touch
to your somber mood.

Oh trusted rain dance,
Grandfather taught me well!
I know my pounding footsteps
and magic song
will help bring rain.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens, June 16, 2011

This is for "Two in Tandem #6" This is a painting provided by "Alias Jinksy" and Elizabeth of "Unraveling" also has a beautiful image for us to respond to.  I would have loved to take a stab at both, but just don't have the time this week.

Did YOU ever do a rain dance?  I remember one summer late in the '70's my sister and I and some friends really worked a rain dance, and boy did it rain.  We ran around with our swimsuits, the warm rain cooling us off on a hot summer day.

This is also a Friday Flash 55.  Visit the G-man's blog, HERE.  Click "comments" to find the links to other stories in 55 words!

20 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Beautiful sentiments inspired from that image Margaret. I think this is one of my favourites of yours. I like its economy of words.

Brian Miller said...

the painting is lovely...will have to go tell jinksy....and liked your 55 as well...hope you get your rain...it threatened here today but we never got the 1 inch of it they were calling for...

Jannie Funster said...

You and Jinsky make a perfect artsy pair!

Pounding my feet over here too. rain, rain, come on down!

xoxo

Lisa Gordon said...

This is wonderful Margaret!
I do remember doing rain dances as a kid!
What memories :-)

Teresa said...

What a wonderful song to go with that beautiful painting! I love the freshness of a rain after a period of dryness.

Maude Lynn said...

I like what you see in the image!

Elaine said...

A rain dance. Oh how lovely! Worked very well with the painting!

Pheromone Girl said...

Nicely done!

Pitterle Postings said...

Love your interpretation with the poem and the picture. I think you did a wonderful job!

G-Man said...

Margaret...
Week in....Week out!
Brilliant Creativity..Beautiful works of Art.
You got LOTS going on in that pretty little head of yours Mrs. Bednar
Thanks for this treat, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Monkey Man said...

Beautiful painting and a lively 55.

Susannah said...

That is beautiful! I love what you 'saw' in Jinksy's picture. (Fun isn't it!)

Thanks for visiting my blog, it is nice to meet you. :-)

Jinksy said...

And what a beautiful joining-in-poem you created, Margaret! Thank you so much! Hope to see you in Tandem again. LOL

MorningAJ said...

That's an amazing picture - no wonder you were so inspired.

My 55 are here.

SG said...

Wow! I came from Jinksy's blog to see what you had written. And the verse is as beautiful as the painting.

Raven said...

Fantastic. We are in need of a rain dance here as well.

Bubba said...

I think we ended up getting all the rain you were dancing for here in Michigan. I think you were facing the wrong direction or something.

Nice 55, Margaret!

Margaret said...

This was a really fun poem to do, thanks to Jinksy! I'll try it again next week - and I think you guys should give it a whirl! :)

Elizabeth said...

What a joyful celebration you have created from the image Jinksy created. I remember dancing in the rain when I was a child, stomping through puddles and whooping it up with other neighborhood children. Thank you for the memories and for joining in the fun,

Elizabeth

Olivia said...

Oh wow!!
Quite likewise it is here in New Delhi- India.
I too need to dance a step or two so it rains.. it's parched and dead around!

Weekend hugs xox