Saturday, November 5, 2011

Liquid Sunshine, dVerse Poetics - Play with Color



Liquid Sunshine 

Upon my window pane it splashed;
a liquid sunshine slowly danced
a cordial morning song "tap tap".
I gently stretched from head to toe
and hoped my garden would become
a vibrant painting like Van Gogh's
with restless blues and flowing golds.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, April 2011


This "oldie" is linked to dVerse "Poetics" - Theme "Play with Color" and hosted by Victoria of "liv2write2day".  Why don't you give it a try!  

I didn't have time to write anything new tonight... I gambled the evening away and I came up the BIG winner... (I LOVE LOVE the game craps) and then reality hit and my dreams were dashed...  it was all play money.  

Thank you for stopping by and I will sit and relax tomorrow evening and visit all your fabulous blogs.

13 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ah want a beautiful image you evoke, the dancing sunshine and van gogh's garden...hope u have a lovely day margaret

Claudia said...

a vibrant garden like a van gogh's painting...restless blue and flowing golds...hm...yes...this sounds like a good place to be..love the flow of your poem margaret

Anonymous said...

sunshine going tap tap, i like that

henry clemmons said...

Beautiful, vibrant colors. Beautifully vibrant poem. Luv the ref to the painted garden.

Dave King said...

Restless blues and flowing golds: spot on, that last line.

Ravenblack said...

Liquid sunshine. Your poem flows with brightness touching each object, finishing and the whole is brilliant with color. :)

Scarlet said...

I like that liquid sunshine ~

A lovely piece to read this sunday morning ~

Unknown said...

lovely and fresh ...I have a painting of my kids when they were little in a field of sunflowers always brings a smile as did your poem ...thank you x

Ginny Brannan said...

"...with restless blues and flowing golds."
I love this, how perfect to go with the lovely photography that you do. Beautiful!

Lisa Gordon said...

These are beautiful photographs Margaret, and as always your poem is wonderful.
Sorry about the play money!!!

Ginnie Hart said...

This post is worth it for the colors alone, Margaret, but I LOVE how your poetry keeps flowing from you. It amazes me almost as much as your photography.

Q: do you mean upon your window pane in your first line?

Victoria said...

Very much like the word painting you share here. Yes, you have created something with colors like Van Gogh and I'm glad you shared it.

Margaret said...

This poem had been a bit different and I reworked it into a more "structured" poem. I probably should do more of these.

Thank you, everyone!