Monday, November 14, 2011

Poetry Jam - A Bit of Bubbly


A Bit of Bubbly?

A bit of bubbly to "celebrate"
another number pulled by
the Keeper of Time.  I hesitate
to question what lately I've pondered.  Why
is it the older I become
the less concerned I am with counting?

I quote this with tongue
in cheek, while more bubbly I am pouring:

"Youth is wasted on the young!"


by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, November 14, 2011

* * * * *

This is my attempt to remain light-hearted about my birthday tomorrow.  I now must round up to 50 (as I still rounded down at 45 :)  The quote is from George Bernard Shaw.

I have linked this to "Poetry Jam" (subject:  Still Life) and I will also link up this Friday to "Friday Flash 55" ... a story told in 55 words.  

10 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Happy birthday, Margaret...you're not getting older, you're getting better!

Brian Miller said...

ah you are only as old as you let yourself be...youth is wasted on those that leave it to the young...

happy birthday!

TexWisGirl said...

i'm rounding up too! 48 ain't so bad!

Bubba said...

Happy Just-One-More-Day-Older-Than-Yesterday, Margaret!

Jess PJ said...

A fun poem! It goes great with the picture.

Mary said...

You have some good years ahead of you. I love both the picture and your poem (thanks for joining the Jam)and wish you a very happy birthday.

izzy said...

Happy day- be awash with optimism
and recognition...
(Salute with NA bubbly- but it isn't so bad.)

Lolamouse said...

I love your photograph and the poem is perfect with it! As one who's been rounding up for a couple of years now, I can tell you it ain't no big thang! Enjoy yourself and don't sweat the numbers!

Helen said...

Lovely photography .. lovely woman. Many years to celebrate lie ahead.

Ginnie Hart said...

A bit late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Margaret!!! I love your image...and poem.