Sunday, September 15, 2013

IGWRT's Sunday Challenge "A Gathering"

Art Work used with Permission by Kathryn Dyche Dechairo
A Gathering

A Beaver moon
does not beguile,
she enchants with honesty

strips bare my wooded refuge,
leaves me vulnerable
beneath spiring, wizened fingers

directing my gaze
toward countless glittering infinities.
I breath deeply, seek not answers

for now is the time to still,
to listen, to store up
beneath a Beaver moon.

by Margaret Bednar, September 15, 2013

This is for Imaginary Garden of Real Toads - Sunday Challenge featuring artist Kathryn Dyche Dechairo of "Listening to the Whispers".


11 comments:

LaTonya Baldwin said...

to listen, to store up- Need this.

Polar opposite directions and for that I like this even more.

Kathryn Dyche said...

What a beautiful read this morning. I especially love that last stanza.

Helen said...

Beautiful, Margaret ... wizened fingers is an apt description.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I love the notion of a beaver moon! Your descriptions are stark and very effective.

gabrielle said...

Stripped bare, November is the time for deep listening under a beaver moon. Inspired writing that evokes the stillness and quiet reflection of the months to come.

Grace said...

I like the imagery of standing still, listening beneath a beaver moon ~ Lovely share Margaret ~ Thanks for participating ~

Susie Clevenger said...

So beautiful...so much to store up under the Beaver Moon

Ginnie Hart said...

And now that all your kids are "out of the nest" at some time during the school week, I would imagine that being "still" is a new experience for you, Margaret? :)

G-Man said...

My cat's name is Beaver...:-)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes being still, breathless, is healing..... Your poem is so calm and exudes that feeling of relaxed bliss... Quite enchanting...

Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

Wonderful thoughts to lead us into a quieter time of year.