Tuesday, March 22, 2016

"A Healing"


A Healing

Whimsy, flushed pink,
extends her gentle hand
invites me to slide, spiral, spin
into a world of purity.

A realm,
fragile as raindrops,
luscious with imagination,
with indulgence,

embraces me as I walk garden's path
begin to fantasize
as I step closer,
admire Calla Lilly's grace.

by Margaret Bednar,  March 22 (updated from June 2013)

I wrote the original poem (linked above) a few years ago and I feel this one is much improved.  Still am in love with this image I captured with my handy dandy iPhone!

Often purity is not associated with indulgence - but I think there are times when it can apply.

Linked with "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Tuesday Platform".


11 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

That is just the most beautiful flower pic. I'm not surprised you wanted to turn it into a poem.

Jim said...

Margaret, this is sooo nice. I like your pretty pink Calla Lilies find. I began to fantasize with the extended hand's invitation. And stayed in my fantasies even after the end. My own, I won't tell.
Yes I have led a blessed life, even with a failed young marriage blessing us still, all three, Four kids never stop blessing us with pluses. After, I was blessed better still with a 'new' Mrs. Jim, another daughter of ours, and two more granddaughters (one came with our daughter's second package). Health wise also thanks to modern medicine and doctors. My aortic stent graft since 2001 sprang an endoleak and I had that repaired and was now checked Monday. All is well there, another issue looms now. But I've had a long blessed life just in case.
..

brudberg said...

What a wonderful sweet image... I feel filled with it's fragrance, and works so well with the words.

Marian said...

Wow, so beautiful, Margaret.

Gillena Cox said...

This so pretty and words well matched

Much love...

Buddah Moskowitz said...

I could almost feel and smell that flower. Just gorgeous and your poem captures it all perfectly.

kaykuala said...

begin to fantasize
as I step closer,
admire Calla Lilly's grace.

Beautiful pic Marge! They are mesmerizing. We just want to walk among them!

Hank

Rommy said...

It conveys the softness and dream like feel of the moments after a spring rain. :)

Bekkie Sanchez said...

When walking amongst the flowers in the garden it's so easy to fall into a dream! I didn't read the first draft of this but it's wonderful Margaret!

Susie Clevenger said...

Gorgeous photo...I so love flowers..They are a wonderful place of healing. Beautiful poem.

Jennifer Wagner said...

The image and your poem are both so pretty. Very nice use of alliteration in your piece.