Monday, September 25, 2017

"Preparations"



Preparations

Caramel drizzled apples, wood stacked.
Leaves spiral down, crimson tipped,
heralding "Soon, soon"...

I fickly proclaim Autumn "my favorite",
weary of heat-drenched days.

Beneath kitchen window
fawn's still speckled, buck's alters fuzzy.

Just a pane of glass divides
sweet green grass and pumpkin-spice pie.

by Margaret Bednar, revised September 25, 2017

This is for "dVerse Poets Pub - Quadrille #41" a poem in 44 words & this week use the word "spice". I revised an old poem, edited it and added the word spice.   I like it better this way.   The deer were under my kitchen window and I was making apple pie - but I have exercised artistic license :)

10 comments:

Frank Hubeny said...

It seems like autumn and spring are the favorite ways to avoid excessive heat and cold.

said...

Beautiful and delicious.

~marley

brudberg said...

I love that last stanza. Autumn is so full of impression both in sights and scents.

indybev said...

Seems autumn is a universal favorite. It seems to bring out the most tantalizing poetry.

sarah said...

Love the contrast between inside and outside - that's one of the pleasures of Autumn for me.

Kim M. Russell said...

Caramel drizzled apples, wood stacked.
I agree with Sarah about the contrast of inside/outside. I particularly like the lines:
'Leaves spiral down, crimson tipped,
heralding "Soon, soon"...'
and
'Beneath kitchen window
fawn's still speckled, buck's alters (antlers??) fuzzy'.

kaykuala said...

Just a pane of glass divides
sweet green grass and pumpkin-spice pie.

Whether in or outside the house, both present wonderful scenes with the advent of Autumn. Very true Marge!

Hank

annell4 said...

So beautiful to think of your kitchen and the deer outside.

Kathy Reed said...

It is upon us so soon..where does time go?

Mish said...

A beautiful blend of autumn indoors and outdoors.